Prepare Your Home for Winter Weather Storm Damage in Massillion, Ohio
It’s the beginning of January and Northeast, Ohio so far has had a mild winter. As we all know, the temperatures can change overnight creating a winter storm. What can happen to your home if we have freezing rain, heavy snow, or an arctic blast? When dealing with blizzards, lake effect storms and snow squalls, damage to your home can include roof and structural damage from heavy snow as well as damage to fascia, exterior pipes, and siding. It pays to take simple steps to prepare for winter storms.
Weatherproof your home to protect against the cold:
- Insulate walls and attic.
- Caulk and weather-strip doors and windows.
- Install or check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in your home.
- Have your chimney or flue inspected every year.
- Insulate pipes.
- Trim Trees.
Prepare yourself for exposure to winter weather:
- Dress warmly and limit exposure to the cold to prevent frostbite.
- Make sure your car is ready for winter travel with snow tires and windshield wiper fluid.
- Make an emergency winter kit for your car with blankets and a shovel.
Winter storms cause billions of dollars in insured loses fie to falling trees on homes and cars, roof or deck collapsing from heavy snow on a weak structure, and ice dams. If you find yourself with a winter weather damage to your home, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County at 330-497-4600. Our crews are available 24 hours a day or visit our website www.servprnorthweststarkcounty.com for more information.