Storm Damage - Call SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County
When Storms or Floods hit Stark County, SERVPRO is ready!
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit our communities in Stark County, Ohio we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,700 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
10 Important Storm Safety Tips
- Keep a storm safety kit handy
- Stay inside during thunderstorms and blizzards. Lightning, wind and ice can damage power lines, making them very dangerous. It’s also important to stay off the phone and computer during a storm.
- Use flashlights instead of candles. Using candles during a storm is a big fire hazard.
- Call the power company right away. The more calls they get, the faster they can find and fix the problem.
- Unplug as many big appliances as possible. This will help prevent damage when the power comes back on.
- Do not open the refrigerator or freezer unless you absolutely need to. Keeping the door closed as much as possible will make the food last longer.
- Stay away from portable generators or heaters. This equipment is very dangerous, so stay far away.
- Do not ever try to use a gas appliance to stay warm. Using a gas appliance the wrong way can cause deadly carbon monoxide. Bundle up in layers of clothes instead.
- Stay away from a damaged power line. Even utility workers can’t tell if a power line is energized just by looking at it.
- Watch out for power lines when they’re cleaning up outside. If power lines are running through damaged trees, call the electric company for help.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County at 330-497-4600 or visit our website at www.SERVPROnorthweststarkcounty.com.