Severe Weather & Disaster Safety Tips in Canton, Ohio
Storms are very unpredictable and can be deadly. A severe storm can produce large hail, severe wind and heavy rainfall and leave your home with water and structural damage. Its important to educate yourself on disaster safety tips before the next storm.
Severe Weather & Disaster Safety Tips
- When at home or in a building and threatening weather approaches, go to the basement or interior hall. Stay away from windows.
- Stay protected from lightning by seeking cover inside substantial buildings (one with a full enclosed roof, walls, and floor) and hard-topped vehicles.
- During a forecast of severe flooding, be prepared to evacuate. Get to high ground.
- Never attempt to walk or drive through flood waters. The water can be much deeper than it appears.
- The safest place to be during a tornado is a basement. If the building has no basement, or cellar, go to a small room (a bathroom or closet) on the lowest level of the structure, away from windows, and toward the center of the building.
- If you’re in a car or mobile home when a tornado approaches, leave immediately. If you cannot locate underground shelter, lie flat in a gully or ditch.
- If you’re outside when a hailstorm strikes, quickly seek shelter.
SERVPRO of NW Stark County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. Our crews are available 24/7 for water and storm damage cleanup and restoration at 330-497-4600.