What to Do During a Rainstorm?
Heavy rainstorms, thunder and lightning can be deadly. Some strong storms can pop up quickly and be dangerous if you are driving a car or walking home. Below are tips to keep you safe in the event you are stuck in a rainstorm:
- Turn headlights on immediately if it starts to rain.
- Keep a distance between you and the car ahead, giving yourself ample time to break safely.
- Do not speed, heavy rains pose a risk to traction loss.
- Do not follow trucks or buses too close, so they can see you.
- Avoid heavy rain, excess water could cause your car to hydroplane.
- Slow down to avoid skidding and sliding.
- Never walk on flooded roads or nearby the electricity facilities.
- Bypass well lids on a road.
- Never walk in rapidly flowing water.
- Never go into the water you do not know how deep it is.
- Wear brightly color clothing, so you are visible to others.
- Avoid metal.
When storms hit Northeast, Ohio, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 330-497-4600