Do You Have Water Damage From a Rain Storm?
STORM DAMAGE RESTORATION
At any moment a storm can strike and possibly flooding can occur that can cause water damage to your home or business in the Canton, Ohio area. According to the NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) , “In 2019 (as of July 9), there have been 6 weather and climate disaster events with losses exceeding $1 billion each across the United States. These events included 2 flooding events and 4 severe storm events.” If you experience water damage from a recent storm you may worry about the cost of hiring a water damage restoration company. If you delay the cleanup and restoration process it may eventually cause you more damage decreasing the chance of saving your personal belongings and will end up costing you more money for the restoration.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE HELP ARRIVES
After hiring a water damage restoration company, here are steps you can take to make it easier for them to get started.
- Shut off the source of the water.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building if the access panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors
FINDING A WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION COMPANY IN YOUR AREA
Calling SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County makes hiring a local water damage restoration company easy.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Water Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Water Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
We are dedicated to being faster to any size disaster to residential homes and commercial properties. Call the experts at 330-497-4600.